Saturday, July 30, 2016

Dear Anxiety...


          Dear Anxiety, I Love You.
          Dear Anxiety, I Hate You.

          It's becoming more and more difficult, to not feel anxious in this world. It seems so hard, to survive in this modern society these days. There can be so much motion, so much drama, so much happening, not only in our minds, but in our everyday lives, with all the others surrounding us. There's sometimes just so little time and so little space for us to breath. And we need that, we really do. We need time to think, to heal, to just slow down, and collect ourselves.

         I'm naturally an over-thinker, and I feel a great amount of anxiety from time to time. I get stressed, and upset by the stuff I constantly cram into my head. I'm often unable to stop my thoughts, this causes me to not being able to sleep on many nights. It's partly why I look into Philosophy. Yes, it's true, that doesn't stop the thinking. Yet, it helps me to organize my thoughts. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to stop being the way I am with my over-thinking, but at least now, I get to think clearly, with organized thoughts. Philosophy doesn't give me answers, it gives me more questions. But Philosophy gives me a path to ask questions, I don't feel alone, I feel guided. I feel like I'm not just lost in my questions and stress anymore, I'm gaining the sense of direction.

          And when I get busy, when I get stressed, and when I get too out of control, Philosophy has taught me to look into nature. Nature is my medicine. It may be cheesy, but the trees, the clouds, the water, the breeze, they all are great ways for us to focus on, and to help us humans put ourselves into a bigger perspective. We are just people. We are tiny little creatures compared to the nature surrounding us on Earth. We're all just here, trying our best to live the life that we are given. We're all just trying to survive. No matter who we are, we are just people. I tell myself, that I'm this one person, out of the other 7 billion people on Earth. My thoughts, my worries, my feelings, are not that much, it doesn't matter, it'll be okay. I'll just have to survive today. Just today, then tomorrow, then another day...etc.

          A sense of humbleness, a sense of selflessness, letting ourselves strip away our own identities, letting us to connect with the rest of the world. We are just, human beings. That's all we are, and we're all in this together, just trying to live, and survive...

No comments:

Post a Comment