Tuesday, May 5, 2015

High School Love


        Question : Can you really fall in love at such an age like fifteen or sixteen ?

        Well, first define "fall in love". I don't think I can and neither can a lot of people to be honest. Many adults admit that they don't even understand love, so why will we teenagers should ever understand the concept of it ? The thing is, I still believe that anyone can fall in love with whatever age they're at. My point is that, we are literally born because of love; well most of us are. And life is full of love, and as kids, we were taught to love the people and the things around us. So why can't we fall in love ? I'd rather not put 'love' in such a high place with a complex definition, because after all, we all love. It's human nature ! Love itself is complex, but I think that the less complex we are, the easier love's concept will be. Love should be complicated yet simple enough at the same time. 

        It's true that we as teenagers often say things and feel things differently because of our hormones. But that should not mean that we must not know the concept of love, and the uses of it. I myself, question if I'm in love everyday. The thing is, love should have many levels and just because it may not be at a level where we can spend the rest of our lives together; that doesn't mean it's not 'love'. I guess we can never know if it's really love unless we experience it. Don't people always say that love comes to us when we're least expecting it ? I don't always agree with that saying; but what I believe in is that love is a concept decided upon the person and only us can decide if we're in love or not. We may not control what feelings we have and for whom we have them for, but at least we can set our own standards of love this way.

        I guess why people don't believe in "high school love" or "teenage love" is because of the drama and the difficult stability during our teenage years. It's correct that high school relationships usually don't last, and that many of them are just summer flings. But feelings of attraction or 'love' I guess should not be measured by an amount of time in my opinion. It really doesn't have a boundary for me. Love does what it does, and what can we do about it ? Oh and another thing, people say that what teenagers have is 'lust' not 'love'. I 100% agree that many people are confused with these 2. But I also strongly believe that they are very much connected, so it still does not mean that it can't be 'love'.

        For me, I treasure young love. I think love in it's purest and simplest form is the most beautiful love ever. So sure, I guess I do think that we can romantically love someone at this age. But because we're so young and innocent, love can really hurt and impact us. Love is powerful, and we just have to make sure we know what we're doing and what we're getting into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment