Monday, January 25, 2016

Addicted


          It hasn't been easy, to watch a friend like this. She is addicted, addicted to the embrace, addicted to the scent, addicted to the comfort, but mostly, she is just addicted to... Him.

          January, first month of the year. While many are losing themselves to exams in school, at least there's someone I know who's been blossoming. It's their third attempt, and I couldn't help but wonder what this third chance they are giving each other will lead them to. Is it possible that they can prove all of us wrong, all of us who have not been truly supportive of the risk? Is it possible in any way, that this is the chance that can promise them something?

          I look back, and see how supportive I used to be. I look back, and I realize that I don't actually dislike this guy. I look back, and I finally see how in love they really are. As I move on, day by day, as I grow into a more logical human being. I feel less and less humane. I seem to have lost the romantic side of me, the hope I had in love. Can it be that I've been single for too long? 'Being happy' to me now somehow doesn't work as an answer anymore. I am in such a desperate need for plans, for logic, so where is my passion ? Where is my happily ever after? Gone. All gone. And so here I am now, on a search again, for love.

          Yes, I felt like I was losing her, it was almost like she was looking at the world through his eyes. But, I also believed that true love could make people lose themselves, and within that relationship, they could find themselves once again. I think I'm ready to be truly happy for her, because I need to find my love again. Maybe the world doesn't need as much logic and rationally as I thought it did. She is brave and she's giving this another chance. Why? Because she's happy. She's 16, she's young, she's free, and she's happy. 

          All I can do as a friend, is to be ready to catch her if ever she falls, and just let go. 

Editor K.L.S

No comments:

Post a Comment