Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Arts Industry - The Costs


      From my last piece, I mentioned how tough it is to make it in the Arts' industry because there is so much competition. Before even the competition, we need to think of how we are going to get into that competition and the costs of doing so.

      This is not only for the arts careers, but for all careers that are tough and that force you to give up a lot of things along the way to success. I'm going to focus on the arts area because that's what I want. People tell me that the arts path is like a fire that burns money, and this can be the truth. A lot of the art colleges that have great programs of design, visual art, music, dance...etc are getting more expensive every year. Not everyone is as talented as Gabrielle Chanel who grew up an orphan and taught herself fashion design, and not a lot of people can get scholarships... So I guess either we need to be rich, have like three jobs, or have student debt.

      Even before that, just buying art brushes, ballet shoes, strings for your instrument can cost a lot of money. I really don't want to keep bringing up money because it kills the dream. I love to be in dreamy, romantic fantasies where people just get what they need and are happy, but the truth is that if we don't work hard we will become failures. We also need to see the ugly dark side of the society we're in with the scandals of money, drugs...etc. No one is perfect and the same goes for the world we live in. That's why it's important for us to work hard on fixing this society.

      Well, everyone has to pay the cost of success, and that's work. The cost of friendships are time, effort, and care. The cost of family is love. The cost of love is acceptance. See ! I just made pricing and money sound cute. Seriously, remember the costs of your future and your life, and own them and pay them. 

      Also, thank you guys so much if you still read my blog !!! I want to share my ask.fm account, so if you guys have any questions on my blog pieces or if you have any topic ideas, just leave a comment on my ask.fm wall !!! It's @LeonTsai  and anything is welcome <3 xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment