Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Aspire to Inspire.


          School's Officially Out ! It's Summer time !!!

          This will be my first official summer without summer school, and I'm ready ! I'm really excited, I plan to do all sort of things: hang out with a few friends, go swimming, summer night movies, sleepovers, sleep ins, junk food...etc. Like come on, I'm single and I'm happy ! I'm even going back to the Christian Camp I went to last summer. 

          Also, I'm kind of teaching myself dance this summer... Well, I requested to join the dance class next year but since I have no dance background whatsoever, the dance teacher gave me a package to do as homework in the summer. The package includes a few dance research, anatomy, choreography assignments, and learning basic Jazz, Modern, and Ballet dance routines. It's a lot, and I'm scared, but excited too. I love dance and I've always love dancing. Now this is my chance. I know that Grade 12 isn't suppose to be an exploration year, but I have to, my school has an Arts program and I just have to give it a try. Maybe I'm not a good dancer and I have no potential at all, or maybe I'll actually love it and discover another new talent, we'll see !

          Anyway, to be honest, it's been a crazy month, especially for the LGBTQIAP+ community... After the incident that happened at the school council retreat, and the Orlando shooting, something else happened. In Art we had to get into partners and sculpt each other, my friend's clay bust of me was being displayed it the school and someone used a paint brush with yellow paint to dab into my eyes. I've always known that some people dislike me, but after everything this month, I kind of feel unsafe to be myself. But then, I picked myself up and you know what, I can't back down. I've decided to take up more space, I want to participate in any LGBTQ+ events I can find and I want to help spread love and awareness. I want to be an activist ! I aspire to inspire, and I have to be the one who speaks up and stands up for those who are silenced. I aspire to be strong, beautiful, confident, and happy.

          One more year of high school left, and I want to put it into good use. I want to keep myself busy, and I want to make my last high school year one of the best years in my whole life. But for now, I just need to dance, and enjoy my whole two full months of summer freedom !

No comments:

Post a Comment