Thursday, June 22, 2017

Youth IV: Lavender


         The Lavender... the calming blues, the soft purples... the soothing smell of comfort.

          You know, I used to dislike the lavender flowers, thought that they were too... plain ? I thought that there weren't much to them. Yet I was wrong, just like how you used to say to me how you think you aren't deep enough, how you think you aren't experienced enough compared to some of us. See, that's the beauty, that you may not have experience some of the hardships of this world yourself, but you have a heart of compassion, you care so selflessly, and you open your arms up to sympathize with the others. The most wonderful part of these lavenders are the incredible scent, so calming, so comforting. It suits you as we all see you as the "mom" in friendships. And though simple, lavenders grow in bushes, how your love and care is so fulfilling, so... enough. Your simplicity is beautifully enough.

          I know we have had our struggles, and our differences. Yet I love you, and I celebrate who you are and everything that you have done for those around you. You are lovely, and you will continue to make this community a better place. Thank you, for taking care of me in times that I need. Thank you, for being the wonderful person that you are. Thank You.

          I wish you all the best in your post-secondary studies, and hopefully we can keep in touch somehow. It's difficult, and we all need space and time to grow, so I think we can agree that a lot of unfortunate things have happened that'll need more time to heal. Though, I have and will always appreciate you and everything that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment