Thursday, June 22, 2017

Youth V: Sunflower


          People often see sunflowers as happy, bubbly, and a symbol of positivity. Yet we both know that we as people fake those characteristic traits in our lowest and roughest times. I personally see sunflowers as a symbol of desperation. The sunflowers are growing so tall, because they're all trying to receive the warm sunshine, they're all just trying to survive, trying so hard to remain positive, to smile. Sometimes, life isn't all that great, but we have to fake it somehow...

          Me and you both often bound over the hardships of life, and we've watched each other grow as we survive whatever life throws at us. I've personally seen your blossom of maturity, self-awareness, and a deeper understanding of others. Our times in middle school wasn't the best, but I'm glad that we became friends in high school. I'm grateful for you sticking by me after everything, it must've been difficult. I don't really understand why you held on so tightly, is it out of guilt ? Is it out of love ? Is it out of... desperation ? After all, it doesn't matter. I love you, and thank you. Yet it saddens me to see you not being appreciated enough, or being rejected of attention, love, and care. You deserve so much, and sometimes you can be so misunderstood. I know that sometimes it felt like I was trying to push you away, pushing you towards "them", please don't ever think that it's because I don't want you, or that I feel you need to pick one. I just want you to be happy, and personally I don't think people are happy when they're with me...

          I want to make a home for you, a refuge for you when the world gets too heavy, when reaching for the sunlight becomes too tiring. I want to be your place of comfort. I want you to know that you can always come to me, that I'll be here for you no matter what. You are loved, you are cared, and I know that sometimes it seems that we're unlovable. But I love you, and we shall not only survive together, but we shall thrive.

          I love you so much, keep in touch ! Good luck in college, I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment