Thursday, February 25, 2016

How To Be Single 1.0 - Semi-Formal


          So, tonight is my school's annual Semi-Formal dance, and it's my second last Semi ! And just three days ago, I got my date a date. I actually had another date, who is one of my girl best friends, and we went together last year. But since she just got back with her Ex, and she spent Valentine's day with me instead of him. I decided to take a step back, and was going to go with another friend of mine. But now, she just got into a relationship that I kinda helped (just a little). And here I am, no date and still Single.

          There'll be other good friends of mine there that I'll of course have fun with, and I can probably get one of them to be my "date". But at this point, I really feel like there's no reason to anymore. This year is different, it's that year when most of my friends are actually in relationships. Am I upset that I'm one of the only Single teenagers in my friend group ? Am I upset that I don't have a date for Semi ? Well, my answer will have to be Yes & No for both of them. I'm doing okay I think, I'm learning, learning of How To Be Single.

          Learning how to be single isn't about getting over the fact that there's no one to send you cute texts, make you feel loved and beautiful, kiss you, hold your hand, go on cute dates with you...etc. It's about getting used to the fact that you're alone, and it's okay. No matter what some people say, you can still feel lonely even with lots of friends. It's a different kind of connection which many craves for. And lately, I've been really trying not to feel lonely, because the reality is, we can be alone, yet we shouldn't be lonely. It's a little funny how desperate I were for a relationship now that I think about it. I'm a teenager, I've been a teenager who craves affection for about four years now. It's really not that long. But also because I'm a teenager, I'm more insecure and anxious, and I look around school, all I see are couples. Love is what I crave for, yet most of us in high school relationships may not even be experiencing Love. I think that, maybe being single is just choosing another path of love, it's choosing yourself to love first, and being there for yourself.

          How To Be Single 1.0:

Being single is a part of life, it's nothing rare and uncommon, it's actually not that depressing. Plus, we all started out as single people, and we survived. Remember, you can be alone, but don't let yourself feel lonely. Do things for yourself, take up your time to do purposeful things. Being single isn't just about learning how to be alone, it's also about self-regulation and a better life style. Read a book, paint your nails, sleep early, start a proper skin care routine...etc. ! Don't allow yourself to just watch Netflix and eat junk food (Maybe twice a week), but rewarding yourself is important too !
Just love yourself, and accept the fact that you're Single, but Fabulous.

Stay Fabulous, xoxo

          

No comments:

Post a Comment