Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day


        It's that day of the year again... Valentine's day. The day that couples and love birds have been waiting for, and the day that others, like me, will be waiting for the discounts of chocolate the day after. Usually I spend this day alone in my room watching Sex And The City, and imagining myself with someone in the future. I'm actually going on a date tonight. I'm going to get dinner at a sushi place with three other girls. We are all dressing up and calling this a "date", but really, we are just four single teenagers who probably don't want to spend this day alone. 

        Since it's Valentine's Day, I will give you guys an update on my crush in school. This crush is the guy I've been liking for a few months now, and is the same person that I talked about in my other pieces. I have classes with him this semester, and I feel like I'm really starting to get over him. Maybe it's just because I've been stressing over learning Spanish and French at the same time, or trying not to suck in vocal music class, but I haven't thought about him for awhile, and when I see him in class, I'm okay... Sure, I still think he's cute and great, but the feelings are definitely not as strong as before, and I guess I should be happy about this ?

        It's weird, because other people's feelings usually grow stronger when they see that person more often, but I'm the opposite. Maybe what my friend said was right, and that I don't actually like him at all, I just like the idea of him. I really would rather focus on my arts and education and not worry about things, like this, that make me sad. I should not be even thinking about a boy today. I will eat chocolate and think only about chocolate. After all, we know that food is the only thing that can never fail us. 

        We will always be reminded of our single-ness, and there always will be Valentine's Days, but we don't have to only think of this holiday in the traditional way. What if we choose ourselves for our Valentine's so that we can love ourselves and accept ourselves more? If we can do it one day every year, we should do it everyday, all year. You are the best choice, because you know yourself pretty well, and you know what you like to eat and hear. So, you can just buy yourself food and tell yourself that you're beautiful. Everyone should treat themselves better. Sometimes, love gets to be restricted by expectations, but real love is limitless for everyone including yourself. So this Valentine's Day, if you are in a relationship, love yourself more and never let anyone treat you less than what you deserve. If you're single like me, never stop believing that you're worthy of love and know that love shouldn't be provided by anyone else but yourself. 

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment