Friday, April 15, 2016

Love & Reality.


          Love may exists, yet the moments and memories of Love are often just an Illusion.

          People say that the ultimate purpose of us human species, like other species, is to survive. Biologically, we are programmed to have hormones and sexual desires to make babies, and that romantic and erotic attraction is a scientific chemical reaction in our brain. But is that love ? Many argues not. You see, everything that you see, hear, smell, taste, and feel are often creations of your mind. The brains senses the world indirectly. And we, as intelligent beings, often creating illusions and subjective truths for ourselves to believe in.

          I mean, I'm not really in a place where I can say what love really is. But lately, I've been discovering more of the logical sides of things. I'm tired of emotions, I'm tired of feeling everything, and I just want to logically analyze everything. I seek for knowledge and the truth, it seems like that intelligence is my new defense mechanism. So right now, I believe that love is an illusion. Well, many who knows me will see that I'm not really believing that, I just really want to. Of course, with no doubt, I'm just as romantic and emotional inside, I'm just trying really hard to bring out the other side of me as much as I can. But like seriously though, what is Love anyway ?

          The truth of Love is that there is no "perfect" or "right" person out there for us. We are alone. We humans are such intelligent yet isolated beings, each of us are all so special, so different, so flawed, and so complex that there's no possible way we can be understood. Perfection is a mind set that we're forever trying to achieve. Why ? Because we're sad. Life isn't always great, and there's always gonna be something better, that's just how we think. We will always want something we don't have, it's human nature. And because of the fact that we're so isolated, and the fact that we're sometimes way too emotional beings, we fall in love with people using the image of them that we've constructed. That's why divorces happen, that's why love fades, and that's way sometimes it just doesn't work out. And the reality is, the memories and moments of love, are just simply illusions. Our brain is constantly lying to ourselves, shaping and changing what we remember. Those moments of love may feel like magic, but magic is also just an illusion. We trick ourselves into love because of the fear. The fear of being more alone than we already are. We desperately want to find someone who can love us, care for us, and understand us. So really, love is an idea that we use to distract us from the existential loneliness and isolation of us human beings.

          Of course, that's a very clear and pessimistic way of looking at not only love, but also life and us humans. But, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. I want to start being smart about the topic of love. I'm just really tired, tired of rushing into emotions blindly and looking into love in such an optimistic way. Like honestly, I'll be optimistic when there's something to be optimistic about, or else, I'm fine with analyzing everything and learning more about the psychological and philosophical sides of life. Or maybe I'll be able to balance out both within me, I'm not sure, and I'm not stressed. I'm okay with where I am and I'm honestly... just living. After all I think that, most importantly, is still to love yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment