Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 in Review


          Here we are, at the end of December, ready to say Goodbye to the year of 2016. I think this is a Goodbye that most of us all are very eager to say. 2016 has been a mess, I've gone through a lot of shitty times, yet, there were some pretty awesome things that happened too. And now, it's time to look back and reflect on the year, so we can look forward and into 2017 with no regrets.

          If I can describe the year of 2016 in a word, it would be "Woke". That's right, 2016 has been a year where I feel like I finally blossomed as a Feminist. I began to be serious with what I want to advocate for and I love activism ! I know that I still have lots to learn, but it's a good start. It also has be woke for a lot of people too. With so much drama and violence that happened, people finally realized that yes rape culture exists, homophobia and transphobia exists, racism...etc.

          January - Started 2016 with fabulously new dyed Pink hair !

          February - Slayed at my high school's Semi-Formal dance wearing a FABULOUS sequined mini-dress. That's right, MAMA WERKED IT.

          March - May (Nothing much happened, or that I could think of...)

          June - Orlando Shooting. May All Rest In Power.
                  - I came out as Transgender !

          July - My FIRST EVER Pride ! Also, I started to train myself in Dance.

          August - Summer Bible Camp. What can I say, I SLAYED.

          September - School ! Last year of High School... Birthday was okay, I became a Dance Minor in my school's Arts Program.

          October - LGBTQ+ History Month, my big step into Activism. Stress.

          November - Meh. Ugh. Help. Got Accepted into London College of Fashion though !

          December - Shitty. What is happening.

          Now, who's ready to leap into the year of 2017 !? You know, bad things happen, and good things happen. It's just unfortunate that 2016 went downhill for a lot of people. We never know what 2017 will be like or how we'll handle it after this year, but we need to have hope. And we'll have each other. Happy New Year, and Stay Fabulous !

No comments:

Post a Comment