Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Word About... Trump.


          So... Donald Trump. I'm not that angry honestly, I'm really just sad. I'm just upset. I'm sad that people actually voted for him. That so many Americans actually chose to vote for him, despite his twisted views and ignorance towards social issues, and his hatred and misunderstandings toward minority groups...etc. And now, the reality is that, Donald Trump, actually won. He is, the president, of United States. (Even though that Hilary has more votes, the State's electoral system elected Trump)

          I want to stay positive, and I want to be hopeful. I keep telling myself, and praying, that maybe he'll change. Maybe he'll actually use this chance, this new power, to be better, to educate himself. Maybe he'll actually do a good job. Just maybe... Yet, I couldn't help but to remember that this feeling isn't completely new. I think that as minorities, we all have felt this way before. We all have wanted to stay hopeful, wanting to believe that a privileged yet ignorant person in our life will learn, will try to understand, and will be our ally. It is sad, that I still see men, white people...etc celebrating Trump's victory, commenting on how they're glad that he has won.

          Trump getting elected, proves the reality of our Misogynistic society. It is a reminder that Racism is still well and alive. It is also a perfect example of Rape Culture. I don't give two shits about how you don't like Hilary. I don't care if you think she's ugly, maybe she's not "real" enough for you. This is politics. Politicians have been known for being fake, having secrets and scandals. Her e-mails were checked by the FBI and confirmed to be nothing at all, what else do you need ? Honestly. Logically speaking, Trump is not in anyway a fit for such power. People don't understand that they have this disgust with Hilary because the fact that she's a woman. It can be subconscious, remember that internalized sexism is a thing. Trump's win is exactly the reason why I'm feminist.

          Now, we live in fear. My communities are scared. My communities are grieving. My communities are again feeling hopeless. And that's why we need to be even more united, loving, supportive, and strong. We need to fight. I'll keep fighting. People have said, that I'm "too much", I post "too much", I'm being too "aggressive". No. Don't you see, this is why I have to voice my rights, speak louder, and spread awareness. This is why. And if you don't understand that, then you're part of the problem too. How dare you. How dare you sit back, wanting to joke around and have fun when Gay people are being denied for their love ? When Trans people are being murdered ? When Men and Women are being sexually assaulted ? When Muslims, Latinos, Blacks...etc., are still being disrespected and discriminated against ? If you're white, if you're a man, and you think that you don't have to care, you're part of that oppressive system. It's selfish too, to be okay with such hate, just because it's not towards you. Seriously, stop. Take this chance, take Trump's victory, to wake up, and see how privileged you are, and learn. Be an ally. Like I'm sorry, you just aren't a good ally if you support Trump (I'll even doubt calling you an ally).

         It's sad, and many still need time to grieve. We all need a break, we are all so tired. We've fight for so much, and for so long. Yet, we can not lose hope, we can not give up. We have to stand taller, scream louder, shine brighter, and love even harder. I'm ready, I'm ready to love. Others can take their time, as it is such a difficult reality, especially if they live in America. But I'm ready. I'll embrace all the hate, all the ignorance, all the violence, and I want to turn them into my fuel, my source of power, to keep supporting my communities, and standing up for what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment