Friday, September 19, 2014

Holding On


      Time is beautiful. It gives us the opportunity to experience the happiness and love in our lives. Time is also pretty dark and scary if you actually think about it. It ages us, and with time, pain can grow. It's pushing us towards death every second. Time doesn't give us a date or an hour for when death comes. Sometimes, death happens suddenly and we never know how much time exactly we have left to live. So doesn't it just make sense that we need to be grateful of what we have at this moment ? We should grasp on to the things and people we love tightly, because we know that if something happens, we will lose them no matter how tightly we hold on. 

      I'm 15 now. I just had my birthday a few weeks ago and I'm just starting my year of grade 10. It felt fast and unexpected, like I was still in grade 9 yesterday. I realized that if i don't pay attention, high school could be over anytime. I feel like that we have to push ourselves forward and out of our shells, because if we don't, we might end up with those regrets that haunt us forever. 

      To be honest, I'm terrified of time. I'm afraid of when high school will end. I won't be able to let go of my friends. I'm afraid of how I might not fulfill my future dreams. I'm afraid of being alone with time. I'm mostly afraid of not being able to be alive to experience life, and that is why I need to hold on. I need to hold on to everything I have right now in life. We can never win over time, but we can appreciate it and use it without regrets. 

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment