Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Red


      I am now in love with the song "Red" by Taylor Swift as I decided that the lyrics match my feelings for my crush. It is a horrible song choice because there's only like one sentence that applies to the complicated feelings I have for him. Plus, he already knows... High school can be scary. You have to be aware of who's around you and what you say. He knows that I have feelings for him now and it's just awkward for me, not so much for him. From what I've heard, he's flatted and seemed amused. Apparently, I have told someone that can't keep her mouth shut. Maybe I trust people too easily, but maybe this is for the better. Sometimes it feel better and relieved when the truth is out in the air.

      He is the only one I didn't get over. If you had read one of my pieces before, I'm interested in three guys. During the summer, I got over two of them finally after knowing they're no good, but this one is different. I don't know if I can ever get over him. You know that feeling when you get excited to see him in the hallway but you want to look like you don't notice him at all ? When you keep it low key, try to hide your blush and just stare at him secretly ? But you still need to make sure you look fabulous just in case he notices you ? That's me.

      This all seem pointless because he is straight. There will be 0% chance for me and him no matter what. Even if he turns out bisexual, he would never ever go for a guy like me. It is tiring to like him, and it almost hurts. I have a class with him next semester, that's just...yeah I might die. My friends say that I will just stare at him all class, which might be true but I have to stop. I don't want to embarrass myself even more since he already knows ! Getting over him will be hard but I know it's the right thing to do. Except that feelings don't work like that. You can't just stop thinking about someone.

      Why can't I like someone that plays on my team !? All my life, whenever I see a shooting star, get a friendship bracelet or when it's 11:11, I only wish for one thing: love. That burning bright love, just like the colour red. I won't stop wishing for it, because I won't give up. I believe that one day, I will get over this "Him". It will require a lot of time with a heart-breaking pain, but I will get through it. I have to. 

      For any girls and guys out there who's experiencing the same thing as me right now. Do not give up, have hope for that exciting, painful, and red love.

      Editor: A.B.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment