Saturday, October 18, 2014

Embracing Weaknesses


      If you know me at all, you should know that I like to call myself Elsa because I'm not scared of the cold. I like to wear shorts and flip flops in the wintertime, even when it's snowing. Today, it's very cold because of the strong freezing wind. It's not even snowing, yet but I can sense that this year's winter will be colder than last year's. So... I put on my coat, which is at the bottom of my closet by the way, and I have been able to still wear my summer clothes.

      The thing is, I am human, and I will get cold. While it's comfortable to be warm, I have always wanted to be strong, both physically and mentally. So I suck it up and make myself to not get bothered by the storm, wind, and snow. I think that those things in nature are like the bullying, fights, and sadness in our social life. I assume that if I can get through a cold storm, I can get through depression and other friendship's drama too. I might be right and this might work, but why ? Why do I so desperately want to be strong ? I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't want to admit their weaknesses. It may even be human nature to want to be the strongest.

      In the end, I put on my coat because I think I need to seriously calm down. It is okay to be weak sometimes and accept that you're not the strongest. Instead of covering your weaknesses, we should deal with and be smart about them, and learn how to let them help us and push us forward. It is also okay to be stubborn sometimes, to try our very best to stay strong, to have confidence, and be our very best. In the end, I did end up wearing my coat with shorts and flip flops. 

Editor: A.B.

1 comment: