Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Nostalgia


        Yesterday, me and the school's choir went on this little trip to Toronto for Canada's Music Fest. We did an amazing job and I'm so happy that our hard work has paid off. But you know what's one of the best things about trips like these ? The bus rides. Sometimes, we can't always focus on the destinations can we ? Because we can learn more from the process and the memories that comes from these journeys.

        Anyways, I was sitting with one of my friends on the ride back, and we were talking about music. She starting saying about how her ex-boyfriend introduced her to a lot of the songs we were listening on her ipod. We also talked about the memories of her friendship with a boy she has been liking for a long time, but things just never worked out. Then it reminded me of the memories one of my other friends talked to me about when we're were talking a walk around her neighborhood. It was about her and her ex-boyfriend's kiss on that street we were walking on. So now I begin to ask myself; what do I have to remember of ?

        I think one of the saddest things is to have no memory at all; nothing to look back to and smile or cry over. I'm not saying that getting into a bad relationship is better than nothing. But I always ask my girlfriends after they get out of a relationship, "Do you regret dating him ?", "Was it waste of time ?", and "Can you smile when you look back at those memories ?" Because I think what's really important isn't about how long it has lasted, but how much we've experienced and learned from that relationship. It's okay to cry, laugh or even feel embarrassed for these memories; at least we're feeling something. Emotions are one of the most beautiful things we living things own, and we should appreciate them more. 

        And as for me, I think I'm slowly starting to finally understand the fact that the person I have feelings for will never fall for me... That's okay; I mean, what am I expecting anyways ? The more I talk to him and the more I know him just makes everything more real. But the realistic life isn't always the sweetest is it ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment