Saturday, June 27, 2015

Love is Love






          So yesterday, all fifty states of America are now legalizing same-sex marriages. It's a wonderful news for America and as their neighbor, Canada is happy for them too. As a LGBTQ member myself, I'm happy to see the world becoming more and more accepting and free. I'm happy to say that I now live in a rainbow continent.

          Of course, we need to keep fighting as there are still many people against LGBTQ+ and many more countries on the other side of the planet still not legalizing same-sex marriage. And transgender rights and freedoms are still a big issue here in North America. The world needs a lot of work to become a better place, and we just need to keep fighting for what's right and remember that love is love. What really disappoints me was a lot of the comments from Asia. As I was scrolling through the chinese news, I read some of their comments of this event. And I don't even know why I decided to read them, what did I even expect !? It was just not long ago when Taiwan tried to legalize same-sex marriages and failed. There were some pretty nasty comments there and it just makes me sad and also at the same time, I became more determined that we have to keep fighting for love and respect. 

          I think people are just afraid of the unknown. They don't have a way to understand or 'figure out' people like us which all they see are differences. And it's similar to racism as it's all about differences and which is more normal and better. I think we just have to see people as people. We're all humans and we all just want to be loved and accepted. We just want to be happy. 

          Love doesn't ignore the differences, but accept the differences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment