Sunday, June 14, 2015

Two More Years


          As everyone around me is stressed for the upcoming exams' week, I find myself surprisingly calm though I even have summer school in July after the exams. I actually find myself pretty happy of where I stand right now after a few weeks of sudden sadness (Read My Previous Piece). I feel better and more clear of where I'm heading in my life now. I couldn't help but notice that after the exams, I will be officially half way done high school. Two school years have passed like a summer breeze and it makes me confused with the amount of mixed feelings I feel. I'm sad that I will be leaving my amazing friends and this amazing school in another two school years, but I'm excited because I've already seen so much growth in myself that I can't imagine what I'll be like after high school.

          The future is never easy to predict, but I just have to believe that I have something beautiful waiting for me after high school. Me and my friends have been talking about a road trip after high school, I think we all know that it probably won't happen with such a big group like us. But it was fun to talk about it and imagine what it would be like all together at lunch times. I mean, it will be difficult but if all of us want this road trip as badly as I do, we will make it happen. We'll probably need three drivers though, and we all know I will never be one of them. I only hope nothing changes between us through the last two years. 

          Right now, I'm actually pretty excited for the summer. I've never like the summer heat even if it means that I don't have to go to school. I think the reason I'm so pumped for summer is what comes after it. I will be in my last two senior years not have to worry about courses like Math, Science and History...etc anymore. I can focus on Art, Music and Fashion which is going to be pretty cool. Also, I will be sixteen which means I can finally apply for a job in Starbucks. I try not to have too many high expectations for my life as a senior because I know I'll be stressed out too.

          After all, I just am so grateful to be in such an amazing friend group and I can't believe I've already spent two years with them. You know, I was on a radio station a couple weeks ago talking about my life as an immigration student. And I told them that I believed that making friends is always the key to feeling comfortable with a home. I think that these friends will not only make my high school years the best times of my life, they will also help me become a better, more confident and happy person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment