Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A New Story, A New Beginning.


          I was a Butterfly, yet the sky was still limiting. So now, now I'm a mermaid.

          Before I officially change the title of this Blog, just let me share with you guys the story of why I named it "Tears Of The Butterfly". I've always admired butterflies, I admired their beauty, their wings, their elegance and grace. Especially when their wings are multi-coloured, it's a rainbow. Plus, I wanted to fly, I wanted freedom. But a butterfly is weak, fragile, and their wings are easily damaged. Once a human's finger has touched their wings, the little scales on their wings will fall off and they will lose their ability of flight. Also, with the rain, they are restricted. Their beauty is their weakness, and I was a butterfly. I came out as a gay male, colourful, and "free", yet I was still restricted, confined, and weak. My own colours - the Gay Male label was the chains that kept me away from my true freedom. So this Blog was named as "Tears Of The Butterfly", because all my Blog pieces are as real and vulnerable as if they're the droplets of tears from a colourful, beautiful, yet fragile butterfly. It's my journey, and now, everything's changing.

          I may be a beautiful butterfly. But now, I'm stripping away all my colours, my wings, and my existing labels, to dive into the real world - my reality, the ocean.

          I am now, a Mermaid. And I'm still weeping, as I go on with my journey to search for my true freedom in the endless ocean before me. But I'm stronger, as my tears will now not be seen in the great ocean. My tears, can only be seen when I expose my vulnerability. This Blog, is now different, as you all should know that it's not only just my little daily journal anymore. It's my tears, of Joy, of Pain, of Regret, of Pride, of everything that makes me me. This Blog is a jar that catches my tears like little rain drops, to record and share my story. It's a Mermaid Tale.

          Welcome, to my world. Welcome, to Tears Of A Mermaid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment