Sunday, January 15, 2017

Not Everything, But Something.


          "We Accept The Love We Think We Deserve."
          Well Baby, You Deserve Everything.

          I don't think people understand why I blog, and sometimes the purpose behind my writing changes as my situations change. I started because I wanted to practice my writing skills, and to express my opinions, my thoughts, and my story. Now I write to advocate, to send out a message, but I also write because I want to share about the world I live in. I like to express how I experience the world, through my eyes. I like to express how I feel, through my heart. I like to express how I think of the world, through my reasoning. So sometimes, I have to write about people, perhaps the people in the media, or those around me. For me, it's important.

          Now, it's clear that some people don't like how I can write about others in such public ways. I've received comments on how I somehow am "antagonizing" a particular individual, or worse, "degrading" them. Even though I don't use names, describe their physical features in details, and nor I talk about their personalities/backgrounds in depth, people who know me well will know who it's about. I understand it can be tricky because I want to respect their privacy, but is it all that negative ? I have an argument. I don't think that in any of my pieces I "antagonize" or "degrade" anybody, I understand that there are consequences when I write about people publicly, but I will never ever try to use my writing to harm anyone. That will never be the purpose or intention behind this Blog. Never.

          I do however, need to write. It's what I need. I need to let my emotions out, let my feelings out somehow. I don't know if writing about situations/people on my Blog will make me happier, and I don't know if it'll solve anything. But I do know that I feel better, maybe not happier, but better. I needed that, you see. And I needed to do it for myself.

          Writing to Self-Care is the first step, but really believing in what I write about is the next step. I won't allow myself to take in the extra blame/guilt. If someone is hurt/angry for my action, I will take responsibility for it. No problem, but I owe anyone else nothing. I think it's ridiculous and insulting how anyone can read my writing and accuse it of being hateful and degrading. Am I perfect ? Absolutely not, but never will I write about someone unreasonably. I will always look into the other side's story and feelings first. And I don't use my blog pieces to blame or point fingers. I just need a way to communicate with the world, about me, my feelings and my story. No one's a saint or an angel, and people allow themselves to do selfish things, putting themselves first. And I won't judge people for that, I think that it's healthy to be a little selfish sometimes. So this time, the world should let me be a little selfish. I think that otherwise, it's unfair. 

          I May Not Deserve Everything, but I Deserve Something. I Deserved That.

No comments:

Post a Comment