Friday, October 10, 2014

Bold


      Sometimes in fashion, we have to take risks. It's hard to take risks, but we know deep inside that it is the right thing to do. Taking risks leads up to being bold and special, and it makes you stand out from the crowd. It can be scary, but it's also great for the attention. There's just one thing: when your bold, like me, people either love you or hate you. Recently someone who I don't even know made me question my taste in fashion. They were mean and used some offensive words and it got to me somehow.

      I have been through bullying and I survived. I would like to think that I'm strong and those little things should not get to me at all, but the things they said got to me, and I just understood why. I was bullied for who I am, but I wasn't alone, and I had many many great friends to support me and my sexual orientation. This time, I'm alone. No one really understands it, and some people even laughed when I told them what happened. Fashion is a big part of me and it really concerns me when some stranger on the internet can do that to me. Sure, I can have bad fashion days, but I think it's okay to experiment and take risks.

      I believe that if we humans never take risks, we will never make mistakes, and we need those mistakes to let us be better and work harder towards our goals. I know that I need to take risks to become who I want to be. To be seen in this world, you either have to be the best or be very different. I know I can never be the best designer, but I can be the unique, fabulous one.

      That hater needs to understand that everyone's fashion sense is different and that fashion goes beyond gender and race. I shouldn't even be bothered, but I think that it isn't fair that that person's account is just collages of red lips, celebrities, and shoes. I actually have designs and art on mine. She has no right to shame me or to put anyone down like that. Be nice people, BE NICE. I think even though I can be very sassy and seem like a diva all the time, I can also be humble. I never think of myself as the best artist or a designer, so being shamed on a social media isn't fair. I don't deserve this. No one does.

      Sorry if I'm venting... but after all, no one should ever be afraid to be bold and different. Think creatively and be who you want to be. 

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment