Monday, October 6, 2014

Love


      So I recently bought two new books about love, relationships, break ups, and all that stuff. I really love it, and yeah my friends made a joke about how they are "Self help books"... But it's not self help (not that self help books are bad), I have never been in a relationship and I have 100% no experience with love. I would like to think of it as research, I like writing about love and heart breaks.

      I have learned so much, and I can feel a lot of the emotions and relate to them in the books. It once wrote, "You never chose to be single, maybe you are just brave enough to believe in a love that's rare and different." It's true, no one ever chose to be single, it's just that what they want hasn't come along yet. I then start to wonder, what if we believe in a love that never exists at all ? Is love something we are all waiting for our whole life ? From the moment we are born, we are loved and cared for. Independent might be something we have to be when we grow up, but once we already know how sweet and happy love feels, it can be hard to be alone.

      When break ups happen we often want to know why, and we ask questions. Do we really want to know the answers ? Does it really matter anymore ? When there's no love, are the questions even needed ? Some love is started in lies, and the only way it ends is with truth. When the truth is broken, does love mean anything anymore ? Do you people ever have that feeling where you think about them right at the moment you wake up ? The book also says that we humans are the weakest when we wake up. No matter how strong we are, we will be weak and emotional. It's before we put make-up on, before we dress up, before we can even tell ourselves to be strong and that everything is in the past now. It's when the pain hurts the most. 

      Break ups are easy, it's a goodbye, a farewell, but it's letting go that is the painful and hard part. Everywhere you go and everything you do reminds you of them. That's how haunting love can be. It's all about the point of view of love. We used to think that whoever loves us the most is the best, but the deeper we look, we begin to understand that the person who believes in the same love as us is the best to be with.

      "Loving him shouldn't be letting him become who he is, it's to let him BE who he is" the book also wrote. I, as a 15 year old boy with no love or relationship experience, can't say if anything that I've read or think is true or not. So if anyone would like to ever talk to me about or tell me their thoughts on love, experiences and heart breaks, that will be great. It can be like an interview thingy. I think that's part of writing, researching and thinking about what others feel and how we as writers personally feel.

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment