Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Virginity Status


        So... Virginity huh ? Well, here we go.

        I love the concepts of 'virginity', 'sex', and 'lust' in loving relationships. But, I do not appreciate how our society has been teaching us about our first time and our virginity. Somehow, a woman's first time is more important than a man's first time; and women seems to lose something when they experience this beautiful, natural thing in life. I do not care if you believe that sex should be before marriage, women do not lose something in sex. Instead, they become more matured and experienced. As a man who is not even attracted to women; I appreciate women's sex appeal and their confidence over their body once after they have explored sex. 

        I've talked to many girls who actually gained self respect, self love, and self appreciation, because of their first times. Yes, it may not be comfortable or easy. But the feeling of being so vulnerable yet still loved and seen as "beautiful", is a powerful moment for many girls. I have not talked to many men about this topic. But I know that I would want my first time to be just as important and special. Because at the same time, we men are growing and maturing too. And do not even argue with me about the 'popping the cherry' thing, because not all women pop their cherries on their first time anyways.

        So girls and boys, be safe and try to make good choices. But, never slut shame someone for experiencing this amazing, beautiful thing, and never feel ashamed for exploring who you are. Because after all, we are all just humans who want to be loved and appreciated by others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment