Friday, July 24, 2015

My Home : Starbucks.


          The Starbucks store in my neighborhood is closing down. Today will be their last day in business and it's just... I really have no words. I think it's a little funny how emotional I am getting over this but a lot of people don't realize how important this place has meant to me. I've had more than just food and drinks here, I've had memories.

          I've had so many good memories here at this place with some of my most amazing friends who've helped me become the way I am today. It's not only a place for me and my friends to have a good time in, it's also an escape for me when I'm feeling down or lonely... It's worth it for me to pay six dollars for a drink just to see someone smile at me on some days. I love Starbucks for not only the loving environment, food, drinks, but also the excellent customer service. And after I've moved to Canada, this place has just played such an important role of my life. I even have a crush one of the baristas, can you believe it !? It's crazy how difficult it is to let go of this place.

          But the thing is, it's not just a place for me. It's home. I feel safe, happy, cared and welcomed every single time I go into the store, isn't that what a home should be other than the fact that I put my entire life's savings into this ? I just can not believe that this is all ending and I can't imagine living in my neighborhood without Starbucks... You know, I really thought that I would have my first date here in this place, maybe even my first kiss too. I imagined myself going off to college and coming back and still be able to hang out with my friends here. I even was going to apply for a job here when I turn sixteen. I guess the future isn't always something you can imagine is it ? I've gone through so much and some of my most important friends who've walked me through those difficult times have spend a significant amount of time here with me. I just don't think I'm ready to let go...

          I am a person who is daring to love, but also know when to let go. But what I can not and do not wish to do is to let go are the memories that has made me who I am today. I don't think I've ever thanked these baristas or friends who've been here in this place with me when I needed security and care. It's just happening so fast, I feel like I can barely understand what is really going on. I only wish this is just a nightmare that I can still wake up next week and hang out with my girlfriends here at Starbucks...

          At Starbucks, my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment