Sunday, January 10, 2016

Alone on A Saturday Night


          Last night, it was my last night alone before my parents coming home from their cruise vacation. I was suppose to have a show rehearsal, yet I was busy cleaning the house, I lost track of time. And my friend who was suppose to come pick me up and drive me to the rehearsal place had misunderstood my message and only thought I needed a ride home from there, so she never came. So there, I was late.

          Once I realized what was happening, I quickly ran out with my purse, heels, and a coat. The buses would take me a little more than an hour to get there and the buses were running late because of the weather. So just when I thought being on a bus for an hour and will probably only making it to the last hour of a 3 hour rehearsal isn't bad enough, I realized that I actually don't know how to get there. I've never took this route before and I don't know where to get off the bus. I texted my director and told him that I could not possibly make it and that I'm very sorry. I got off the bus near a cafe where I met some people from school who's on dates. She invited me to stay with them (triple dates), but I just felt awkward, so I said I had to go. I saw a movie theater near by and was gonna watch a movie by myself, but all the movies were in an hour and I just didn't want to wait, so I decided to head home.

          I wasn't in a good mood at all, but I actually quite enjoyed my time alone on the roads. I had my headphones on and I just looked at the street lights, counting my steps, enjoying my time with myself. Maybe being alone isn't that bad after all. I now even want to plan a night to actually go see a movie myself. I may enjoy it more than I think.

          For the first time, I actually feel nice to be in public alone. I've never felt comfortable being alone in restaurants, movie theaters...etc. But now suddenly, things are different. I think this is good, I like it. I like the time I have myself. I think, just maybe I think I might... 

          I might be finally falling in love... with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment