Saturday, January 30, 2016

Blossomed


          Yesterday, I finished my three hour and forty-five minutes Women's Literature exam, and I can not believe it, it's really done. The course is done, just like that. Women's Literature is probably by far the most difficult yet the most valuable course I've taken so far in my years of high school. It is not only challenging by the fact that it's a grade 12's university level course, but also because of the content covering modern media, feminist history, philosophy theories, and literature by women. I really can't express how much I've been changed for the better because of this course, it's just fabulous.

          I think that it's truly beautiful to be able to have a realization of the reality of our society and how far we've come as human beings. Throughout the course, I've not only blossomed as a Feminist, I've also learned so much about not only the history of the women's rights movement, but the LGBTQ+ rights movement too. It's equality for all, and we need to all be Feminists. I've also started to go to several FemmeQlub meetings in my school ! I just felt like I needed to learn even more, and be even more engaged and helpful in the community. And I find myself very lucky to be in a high school with a FemmeQlub leader who's such an inspiring Feminist. ("to blossom as a Feminist" is actually her words !)

           So I encourage all people to be Feminists, especially men. I think that the backlash on Feminism need to be understood and resolved. Our society can not and should not funcition with people only looking into extremists and radical groups of people and defy the true good labels we've created as a community. To be a Feminist, is beliving that both sexes should be equal, on social and political grounds. And I am, a Feminist.

          Also, Happy Birthday (it was yesterday !) to one of my best friends, also an editor of mine, Abryna B. She inspire me so much every day, and is actually one the first people who introduced me to Feminism.

No comments:

Post a Comment