Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars


                   

      The movie was great, the book was even better. However, it had me thinking: is this what love does to a person? Just like any other love story, they meet, they fall in love, and their life changes for the better because of each other. This is more than that. It seems so unrealistic and real at the same time. The book teaches us things about life, love, pain and loss, using words that are as simple as "okay". To be honest, I don't really know what to write about, I'm speechless to be exact. You really have to read the book, or watch the movie, to understand the emotions and the lessons given.

      We humans are like stars in the night sky. Some of us shine brighter, and are easier to be seen. Most of us, however, are not going to be heroes, not going to be remembered by the world. We are still special to those who know us and those we know. Sometimes, we just have to keep on shining. Not having the world see our glow, but keeping it for ourselves and the ones we love.


       When Hazel was crying after hearing that Augustus dies, it makes me wonder: will anyone cry for me like that? Will anyone remember me like that? I mean, after all, it is a love story. Even if we don't find our Augustus Waters, we still need to keep on living. We can't just wait for our love to come find us, sometimes we have to go search for it ourselves. That's the thing I hate, and also love, about stories like this. It gives us hope. It gives me hope. It lets me believe that if I were to struggle in life, I would have somebody to lean on to and know that our love will be "okay".


       I believe it, I have to. The world would just be too depressing if I couldn't believe in love like this. I believe that someday I will find someone that I'm happy to live beside. Somebody who can give me a forever and somebody who shines bright just for me.


      So stars, go shine. Light up the dark night and somebody else's heart.

      "Okay ?" 
      "Okay."




Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment