Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sweet Sixteen - A Mermaid


          My sweet sixteen didn't turn out to be great. To be completely honest, I am just having a horrible week and nothing feels right for these past few days. And I am sorry for those whom I've sassed for no reason.

          I've been really stressed from school even though it has just begun a few days ago and I am really barely holding it together. I feel like I could lose it anytime. On Thursday, the day of my actual birthday, I celebrated that night with my family and my mom's friends. Honestly, the dinner was fine and everyone probably felt alright, but I had an awful day and I just had a fight with my brother before so, it basically sucked. Then last night I celebrated with my friends and it was great. Everyone had fun and we all ate pizza and hung out, but I wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling well and I didn't feel like eating, I was stressed because it was the first time I had so many people over at my house. But I'm glad they had fun and that's all I wanted. 

          But today, my best friend and her mom took me out for a manicure, had some cupcakes and visited her grandpa. It was a simple day, but it was enough. No expensive big dinners or big groups of fun people, but it was a lovely and comfortable day where I could just be myself. And I think it's funny how I literally celebrated my birthday for three days and I most enjoyed the day with the most less people, cost, and presents. I had a lot of expectations for my sweet sixteen and expectations have never gotten me somewhere good. And like I said, puberty is making me really desperate. I think I really did expect my life to be a fairy tale on my birthday. A price charming would be nice, but maybe what I need isn't a price charming. Maybe my destiny to be with a sexy wizard in the woods or something that I'll need to do a little more searching for. After all, good things come to those who wait.

          I'm happy though, I'm glad that I've learned a lesson. All experiences are good as long as we learned something. And I've realized that sixteen is just a number, all I need to do is be myself and be happy. So happy birthday Leyoncé ! But I'm neither a special birthday boy nor a sassy Queen.

          I'm a mermaid.



No comments:

Post a Comment