Saturday, December 12, 2015

Reclaiming Myself: A Mirror


I am a mirror.

          I am a mirror, as I aspire myself to reflect the image of perfection everyday. I reflect on the others around me and I only make myself see the traits of perfection in others that I wish to obtain. I am never good enough, perfect enough, or worthy enough. I feel like I'm here only for the world, as I change myself to meet other's liking to reach for their approval. How can I know who I really am, and what my real self is when I'm only a certain way for the people around me. If there's no one with me, I am nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm in my room, wondering who I am, searching endlessly for an answer that doesn't exist at all. I smile for the others to smile, I laugh for the others to laugh, I stand proudly to inspire others, and I cry to show sympathy for others. Who am I ? A mirror, that's it. Just a Mirror.

          But I need to live, and breakthrough. If I am really a man/woman trapped being the mirror, I need to reform and reconstruct myself. Rather than a mirror, I want to be more of a sponge. I want to be able to absorb the beauty and the positive traits of perfection I find in others and reform it as a real personality for myself. I want to no longer look at others and feel unworthy and not as beautiful or talented. I want to finally love and accept myself for the self that I am or anything that I wish to become.

          I wish to be a butterfly, that just because I'm not born out of beauty, I spread my wings even more and transform into the beauty I aspire to be. I wish to be a mermaid, that by not letting the society's standards limit me, I am free. I wish to just be a human being, that is flawed and still aspire to reach for the state of perfection, pushing my limits and allowing me to take risks. I wish to be living, that fills myself with energies and emotions, and like writing a novel, filling my days with colourful and exciting stories. 

          I want to be just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment