Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Youth I: Rose


          Red, a colour of Passion, Sexuality, and Strength.

          You were the first friend I made in high school, I remember you with your long curly red hair, your all-black aesthetic, and your cool-edgy attitude. You were my friend when I was a "boy", and you are still my friend now after me coming out. You have always been an inspiration of mine, a strong independent woman who is sexually liberated. A woman who is not afraid to speak her mind and refuse to take on people's bullshit. You know how to protect yourself, against this world that often can be so cruel and unforgiving. You seem to understand me and my insecurities better than most people around me, you act like you don't care but you do. You care so much, you have such passion within you when you look at the world. It's beautiful, you're beautiful.

          When I think of a a power and strong woman, I think of you. You are a rose with thorns, you are a fighter. You are hilarious, as I always laugh my ass off when I'm with you. You are extraordinary, talented, and so effortlessly beautiful and bright. Remember our New York trip ? Remember how we said that we would go off to New York after high school and be roommates ? Remember how it changed to Toronto instead ? Things have changed so much and we got along with different people, yet when I needed someone to go to, you are still always there, with your arms open. For that I will be forever grateful. Thank You so much for loving me for the way I am, Thank You so much for being my friend, Thank You.

          The end of High School is upon us and we will go our separate ways, we will both be off doing great things I'm sure. Yet we shall stay in touch ! I love you so much, Thank You for making the four years of High School so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment