Thursday, January 22, 2015

Can You Still Feel It ?


        Recently, I've been listening to Greyson Chance, and no, I'm not a crazy fan girl, and I actually don't like his music style now. I only like the songs he did when he first got famous and was younger back then. In the songs I listen to, he still sounds like a little boy who hasn't been through puberty at all. My favorite song is "California Sky". This blog piece isn't about him, but about the things I feel when I listen to these songs. It's all about love, but not just any love.

        I don't know if it's because of the lyrics, or because he sounds like a ten year old girl in these songs, but I felt something special when I listened to them. It's love, but it's pure and innocent. It's the kind of love that makes you believe that anything can happen. It's the love that can make you think that you can go through anything with them by your side. It's the love that makes you seem crazy, but you tell yourself that it's normal. It's the love that makes you never want to leave their side, not even for a minute. It's the love that makes you so happy, you can't stop smiling whenever you think about them, and you can't seem to get them out of your mind, and just holding their hand is enough, as long as you guys are together. 

        I wonder how many teenagers still feel that kind of love, or still remember what that felt like. I think once we get into love too quickly, we forget the meaning of it and lose the purpose of love. We start to expect more and more and we want more and more. Relationships grow and it goes to the next level as a couple gets more and more comfortable with each other. These days, I've seen way too many people who are getting into things too quickly. I know it's not my or other people's business, but I'm just wondering... are we forgetting the feeling of love ? It's hard to describe love, so it must be difficult to understand, and sometimes I ask, when do we know it's love ? People always seem to answer that "you will feel it" because it's something so great, it changes you and make you care for things you might've not cared about before. 

        To be honest, I don't think I have the right to talk about love sometimes, because I don't have any experience... All I have are dreams, illusions, and the things I've heard about love. So maybe I don't have a say on what love really feels like, but I believe that love is different for everybody and for me, I still dream of that pure, innocent love. That love that's fragile and beautiful yet dangerous because you never know when you will lose it, and you're scared. So you hold on a little tighter, hug a little longer, and kiss a little rougher. There's nothing you can think about but them. That's love for me, and that's the love I want to have. So think about this, "what does love feel like to you ? Can you still feel it ?" 

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment