Friday, July 8, 2016

A Love Letter to Women:


          Dear Women, I See You.
          Dear Women, I Hear You.
          Dear Women, I Love You.
          Dear Women, I Respect You.

          I am a Transgender Woman, yet I can never truly understand... Because I don't go through the struggles of Womanhood. I can never empathize. I can only listen, and be there, for my fellow girls.

          All my life, I've seen women struggle. I've seen my mother cry, I've seen my mother stressed, I've seen my mother lonely, and I've witnessed my mother blossoming into a strong, independent woman. I've seen girls cry, I've seen girls being disrespected, I've seen my girl friends' voices being silenced, I've seen girls' power being stripped away, I've heard girls suffer from non-consensual hyper-sexualization, I've seen girls slut-shamed, I've seen girls suffer from the fear and anxiety of pregnancy, I've seen girls struggle with self-love, I've seen girls starve themselves, I've seen girls harm themselves, and I've personally had the honor to know many survivors of sexual assault, violence, and rape. It is truly an honor, to have so many great women surrounding me in my life. And now, I've came out as a Transgender Woman, but I still can never claim to understand or know. I will never understand, a Woman's Work.

          A Woman needs a Man. But a Woman doesn't need a Man's comfort, a Man's protection, a Man's wisdom/knowledge, nor does a Woman need a Man's opinion/approval. What a Woman needs, is a Male Ally. We Women sometimes need Men's understandings, and for them to be allies, and to stand side by side with us. And I personally, can never truly stand in a Woman's shoes, to fight their battles for them. So in this case, I can be a Man. I'll be that Man, that Ally, that Support, whenever a Woman needs one. I'll be a Woman's Man.

          I am a Transgender Woman.
          I am a Feminist.
          I am a Male Ally.



1 comment: