Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Lovers


      Two questions: "can men wear heels ?" And "will I ever wear heels ?" Well I think we should start by looking at the history of high heels. 

      Heels on shoes started in Europe. It was originally for horseback riding boots. Soon the rich and the royal males started adding heels to their shoes. They thought that it was more manly and also because they were royal and in the upper class, they liked being taller and more powerful. So heels were started in men's fashion. This trend became so popular, people in the middle classes started wearing heels too. Then women started to follow men's fashion. Women started to have shorter hair, and wore heels too. Then heels fell out of style. After a while, it came back into fashion but this time, it's in women's fashion. The heels got skinnier and skinnier, and higher too. People thought that it made women looked sexier and more attractive so it stayed in fashion. 

      So see, after that little history lesson you now know that heels were originally worn by males, and, yes, I do love high heels. I actually don't know why I love them so much. Probably because it's very empowering and confidence-boosting to have great shoes. Also it's fashionable. Of course, we should not only be confident when we have heels on. I'm glad to see girls becoming more confident in flats, because wearing heels too much can be dangerous to your bone structure and cause pain, but I will still love them forever. They are the best in my opinion. I will seriously love my shoes more than my men. If they ever say something about throwing away my babies, I will probably throw him out the window. I don't want men to spend huge amounts of money on a diamond ring. All they have to do is get me a big closet and fill it with heels for me.

      I will and want to wear heels. It does not make me a transgender, drag queen, or a cross dresser if I wear heels. Heels were first wore by men and I believe that fashion is beyond gender. A lot of people question if I'm becoming a girl when I wore lip gloss so I can't even imagine their reaction if I wear heels. My plan is to wear heels to my senior prom. It will be fabulous. I can totally rock and work high heels. 

      So okay, my advice is, if men aren't treating you right, ditch the men and get shoes, because not only do great shoes get you to great places, they are the best lovers you can ever have. 

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment