Monday, December 22, 2014

Fa... (Poem)


As I come home everyday,
and strip away my clothes and accessories.
As I take off my masks,
and stand in front of the mirror.
As I stare into the reflection,
and try to feel as joyful as I did before.

What is it, that I see ?

I see flashbacks of haunting memories.
I see a weak, sad little soul,
that can be broken just with a few words.
I see me trying so hard to change that word,
that people don't say, but think in their heads.
I see me trying to replace the "t",
with "b-u-l-o-u-s".
I see me, the real me.
That I've been trying to hide.

And I ask myself. 
Am I beautiful ?
Am I fat ? Or am I fabulous ?
Is there a possibility that those three words can exist together ?

I try to make myself understand, 
that true beauty is to embrace yourself,
not to change yourself.
But what is beauty after all ?

Can someone tell me,
what is beautiful about me.
But if you don't know the real me,
how can you easily make the statement,
saying that I'm beautiful ?

Do you really know the real me ?
The me with no fashionable clothing and accessories,
to hide my flaws and imperfections.
The me not trying to make myself or others laugh,
to not think about the problems in life.
The me who doesn't call myself fabulous,
but another word everyday.


                                                                                                          Leon Tsai


Editor: A.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment