Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Forever Four


                                                          To "The Forever Four"... 

      If you know me really well, you will know "The Forever Four". The Forever Four is me and my other other best girl friends. We met in grade seven & eight, and isn't it funny how friendships can become so strong in those two little years ? It's hard for me to actually write about this, because this "forever" isn't quite the forever I had imagined. Us four aren't seeing each other anymore and it's just sad. I remember when we said we would be forever on grade 8 graduation night, but high school changed everything. Out of us four, only two remained best friends because they both go to the same high school, and I'm not one of them. Yes, I'm so grateful for the arts' program here at my high school and my new friends, but I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if I went to the same high school as those two, and how strong and long-lasting our friendships would have become. Maybe us four are just not meant to be, and maybe it's better to move on and go on our individual paths. Or is it ? All these "what ifs..." are in my head right now, and I know that no matter what, us four won't be the same again.

      Others might not understand how important these girls are for me. They are like family even though I had only known them for three years. They were the ones who helped me come out out of the closet. They were the ones who I called when I was upset. They were the ones who supported me through dark times, and they were the ones that never left me when I needed somebody to talk to. We had each others' backs in school. Even though us four weren't the most skinny people or the most pretty people in school, we loved and accepted each other. They showed me that I'm beautiful, they showed me that I can sing, and they brought out my inner diva. 

      It's just so upsetting how short this friendship was. You know... I wanted to go to the beach with these girls, I wanted road trips when we got older, and many many sleepovers where we could talk about boys and be crazy together. I would not be who I am today without these girls. I were just so lucky to meet these girls. Even though I kept lying to myself that it isn't over, it is. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like I'm the only who hasn't moved on. I think writing about this is my closure. I want this love for friends to be forever, not just in my heart, but in words. It's not like we won't ever see each other again, it's just that it will never be the same. It's like when friendships fade after all those memories...

      Where does that love go after the friendship is gone ? I really do believe that it still remains in our hearts. I will really miss our laughter, tears, and secrets.

                                                                                                                         Stay Fabulous Forever,
                                                                                                                                            xoxo Leon

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment