Monday, December 8, 2014

Who To Be


      I think that as humans, even if we think we know who we are, we really don't. The thing is, identity not always about what others are gonna think of you. Changing your identity is also about the fear that you might lose everything you have now. We ask ourselves, is it worth risking everything to just be who we are ?

      There have been questions in my head lately and I just can't answer them, but I feel like I have the answer. I'm just too afraid to admit it out loud. These questions were never really gone. I just decided to push them to the back of my head two years ago. I want to settle. I don't ever want to go through the steps of finding myself again. It's always painful, and I don't think I'm ready to share about this yet, at least not to the whole world. Even though I tell myself that I can figure it out by myself, I doubt it. 

      We always say, "be yourself, be the real you," but seriously, how are we suppose to know what's "real"? What if this "realness" we identify with doesn't exist at all ? Maybe it's the "be who you want to be" that we need to learn. 

Editor: A.B.


No comments:

Post a Comment