Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Disney World - Goodbye 2014


      Here I am spending my last few days of 2014 in Disney World, Florida. We spent our first two days in Florida at Universal Studios. Surprisingly, I like Disney way more than Universal Studios. Don't get me wrong, I love Universal, but Disney still got to me. I tried to be mature when I first went into Disney, and I wondered about how everything was built and the annual costs of those productions, but I gave up, because I still want to scream and run towards cartoon animals and princesses. I want to believe that magic really does exist and that there are happy endings. Maybe that's the real magic of Disney, not the sparkles or the princesses, but the power to let us believe and have hope. 

       Maybe no one can be "too old" for Disney after all. Today, me and my family went to Hollywood Studios park and before we left tonight, we watched the live show "Fantasmic". During the beginning of the show, almost every adult, including adolescents like me, were holding up their phones to take pictures and videos, but after a few minutes into it, 90% of us put our phones down. I understood that there are some things that can't be captured by technology and only can be remembered by our hearts. I realized that sometimes the more we grow, the less things we understand. Those little children watching the show didn't want to record the show. They wanted to "see" the show. They wanted to experience the "magical" moment, and they did. 

      I couldn't help but wonder about the influence Disney has on people. It gives us hope, magic, fairy tales, happily ever afters, princesses, and something to believe in. It teaches us to believe that good will always win and that there are happy endings for good people. We understand these things aren't true as we grow older and older, but isn't it beautiful to think of the world in such a positive and simple way ? Maybe sometimes we do have to believe in magical things and have faith and hope in humanity. Just maybe. 

      Yes, Disney has made questionable films in the past, but they are changing and they are mostly positive and inspiring. So yeah, I hope everyone had a great year and always believes in the world and, most importantly, in yourself. I will have as much fun as possible in Florida, and my next blog piece will be in January ~ Thanks for being a part of my year of 2014, and see you next year...

Editor: A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment