Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014


      Merry Christmas !!! Tonight was great. My family and other families had a Christmas party together. We all exchanged gifts. Some people performed, and some cooked. It was just great. I performed the dance of "Single Ladies" by Beyoncé, and it went pretty well. My back-up dancers were awesome ! I got many presents and they are all nice and useful. I am a little upset, because my mom said she ordered something from Amazon.com and it never came... I will have to email them tomorrow or something. 

      Also, me and my family are going to Disney World in Florida on the 26th. We will go to Toronto tomorrow ( I guess today because it's past midnight ) and stay there for a night. By the time we come back to Canada, it will be 2015 ! I don't really know how I feel about Disney though... Yes, it's going to be great and fun, but I feel like I have out grown princesses and Disney-themed rides. Yet, I'm still excited because everyone keeps telling me about how great it is there. I guess I will find out pretty soon. 

      Anyway, aside from all the presents, parties, and vacations, I think Christmas is so great because of the little things. The family traditions, the family dinners, and the laughter, it's just so heart-warming. I'm very lucky to spend my Christmas this year with my whole family. My dad just came to Canada a few days ago to visit us. The love and care people have for each other in this season is amazing and beautiful. I think it's about hope too. I'm using this just as an example, as I'm not very religious. Christmas day was when Jesus was born, and that was one of the stories that made it what it is today. It was that hope in everyone's heart that was beautiful. It was that hope of believing that a savior had been born and a new holy life on Earth had started. 

      That's the kind of hope I can feel in some people's Christmas spirit, and I love it. I think that no matter how life is doing and how down you feel sometimes, you need times like this to believe in something great and have hope in your heart. I wish everyone a happy and fabulous winter break ~ !!! 

Editor: A.B.

      

      

No comments:

Post a Comment